Saturday, January 26, 2008

Days change, and so it leads to life change

Loneliness came by your preference. Alone, but purposeful. Somewhere, somehow, sadness followed. It was deep, not understood, I was behind most of it. Only one could see you, maybe because you only let one see. Perpetually, you fell into an unassuming cycle. Anytime, you had the chance to get off, you opted to stay on. I guess in some unrealistic way you only felt safe and normal on that carousel, forgetting what it was like to stand still on solid ground. I guess in whirlwinds your head cannot be clear. Falling off the carousel was painful and I think you may have even been trapped underneath while it kept spinning above you, but after you pulled yourself out and regained your stance on the solid earth, the sky cleared of all the dark clouds. Rays of the sun began to shine upon your cheek and glisten in your eye. I liked that newfound sparkle. I had missed that. But by then, you no longer let me see. I guess you had to prune your branches, the ones that held you back, and I know that I was one.

No comments: